Today’s blog post is a continuation of an Instagram post I shared, with the intention of motivating myself and my lovely Ballet Blasters to challenge ourselves this Spring! It’s so easy to loose direction in your training over winter, and suddenly freak out when you realise the summer holidays are almost here. Whilst I certainly don’t believe there is a ‘bikini body’ ideal we should aim for, or that we in any way need to change ourselves, I do believe in the confidence that good food and great exercise gives us when we’re lying on the beach. It doesn’t matter how much you love the skin your in, hard work always ups your confidence. I like to look at the summer holidays as a great motivator to get stronger, and challenge our bodies!
With this in mind I’m proposing a spring challenge for myself and any of you who want a kick up the butt and some new motivation. The challenge is not about overworking and fighting your body, but trying new things, re-focussing on your goals and scheduling in some proper time for you.
Here are my goals each week, grab your diary, schedule in some time and join me!
F I T N E S S
1) x5 Ballet Blast 30 workouts during the week. I’m sharing the sequence I’ll be doing over on my Instagram story every morning, and you can follow along. I have lots of short workouts on my Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. I find the best way to get it done, is to wakeup, slip your workout clothes on and get going before the distractions of the day begin.
2) x1 Once a week I’m challenging myself to try something completely different and out of my comfort zone: A new gym class, exercise method, run route, anything that’s totally out of the norm. Switching up my routine and challenging my body, I know always re-inspired my training.
3) x3 Three times a week ill be going on a one hour hike and exploration around London. This could be instead of my tube commute, in my lunch break or as a little walking meditation at the end of the day. Most days I’m rushing around from client to event and don’t get to ever truly appreciate the city I live in. It sounds silly to schedule it in, but it’s the only way I’ll make it happen!
F O O D
1) Identifying 5 things that I can improve each week around food. This could be switching out the 4pm snack for something more sustaining or being more conscious of what you’re munching on. In my case I’m looking to really help my digestive system by avoiding the things that cause upset – grazing less and staying away from Nuts; I love nuts, but they make me about 6 months pregnut…
2) Being wiser to what sort of balance I put into my body! I’m not going to track macros neurotically, but I will be noting what sort of balance of Carbs/Proteins/Fats I’m consuming. For no other reason than making sure I have a good varied, balanced diet everyday.
3) Meal Planning – the kind where you actually follow through with cooking the meals. I’m going to start flexibly planning meals throughout the week, so I really stick with them and don’t end up eating out more than at home. Early morning clients and late night classes make this so easy, so it’s something I’m going to really stay on top of.
Some of my favourite batch recipes:
I’ll be sharing weekly updates, and daily updates over on social media. Let’s do this!