As soon as I start seeing gingerbread men fill up the counters of coffee shops, and the smell of spices come from my local bakery I know it really tis’ the season.
Gingerbread men are such a fun thing to make over the holidays, and especially fun with the kiddies. To celebrate the home entertainment release of Pete’s Dragon, I teamed up with Disney and created some fun christmas treats to make with your family. I loved these so much I couldn’t resist sharing them over on the blog too!
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 400g medjool dates
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until a sticky dough forms.
- Take the mixture out of the food processor, and use a rolling pin to roll the mixture out into a thin layer.
- Using gingerbread cutters, cut the dough into the perfect gingerbread shape! To decorate use my suggested ingredients to make eyes, buttons and even trousers.